A stunning, sparkling new bathroom is a beauty to behold. It’s a shame that it won’t stay as good as new forever. Or can it? A bathroom renovation is something you likely dreamt of and envisioned for many years.
As much as you would like to not believe, it needs to be kept clean so you can enjoy that fresh and new bathroom feeling forever.
Want to know 4 cleaning tips to keep your new bathroom looking as good as new? Read more from the Perth bathroom renovations company, Navigate Bathrooms to find out.
Keep those mirrors streak free
With soap, toothpaste, make-up and even cleaning products sometimes – it can be difficult to keep your bathroom mirrors streak free.
Let’s take a look at a tried and tested, but not too commonly known hack: shaving cream!
Yes – really! But how?
- All you need to do is squirt small blobs of shaving cream on to your mirror
- And then wipe with a clean cloth (don’t wash it off).
By wiping and not washing, it will leave a very tiny film on the mirror, which will in turn prevent your mirror from fogging up.
Say goodbye to shower curtain mould forever
Shower curtains can be put in the washing machine to remove black mould, but it doesn’t always work effectively.
Try this instead:
- Add half a cup of baking soda to your laundry liquid, followed by half a cup of white vinegar to the rinse cycle and voila!
- Better yet, say goodbye to shower curtain mould forever by saying goodbye to your shower curtains.
We all know frameless glass shower screens take front and centre stage in modern bathroom renovations.
See you later toilet bowl stains
The old and faithful baking soda and white vinegar saves the day again when it comes to keeping your toilet bowl free from unsightly stains.
How to achieve stainless sparkle?
- Simply mix equal parts baking soda and white vinegar
- With a toilet brush, scrub clean every inch of the toilet bowl
- But don’t flush yet! Let it sit for 15 minutes, give another brush and then the final flush!
Wipe your windows and bathroom glass
Glass is the new black. It keeps our homes and bathrooms naturally light and open. Yet we all can appreciate (or well, not appreciate) that they can be a pain to keep clean.
Neglecting your glass shower screens will result in an unattractive layer of water stains and soap scum quicker than you would think. The solution? Black tea!
- Dip a cloth in black tea and wipe all along the shower screen glass.
- This will loosen up the debris, making it easier to remove.
- Leave for a while and then wipe away – you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the end results.
For bathroom windows, mix half a cup of white vinegar and half a cup of rubbing alcohol and spray onto the surface. Leave for a few minutes and then wipe away with a clean microfibre cloth.
These simple cleaning tips will ensure you get the most out of your new bathroom renovation for many years to come.
Ready for that new bathroom feeling?
Contact Navigate Bathrooms today to organise the bathroom renovation of your dreams.